What are your rights

To ask if we hold personal information about you

You can ask to see what information we hold about you by submitting a Subject Access Request to the Cabinet Office Data Protection Officer.

You can review your personal information and ensure it is accurate

Where possible we will provide you with access to the information we hold about you so that you can view this information and provide a means for you to have this information changed if it is not accurate.

Alternatively you can ask for the information we hold about you to be changed by making a request to the Cabinet Office Data Protection Officer.

 To remove your personal information

In certain circumstances you can ask for your information to be deleted. Please note that as part of the Isle of Man Government statutory functions some information may need to be retained.

You can request this by contacting the Cabinet Office Data Protection Officer.

To make a complaint

If you are unhappy with the way we deal with your personal information you can submit a complaint to the Cabinet Office Data Protection Officer who will work with you to resolve any issues.

The Information Commissioner is the independent authority responsible for upholding the public's information rights and promoting and enforcing compliance with the Island's information rights legislation. Further information can be found on the Information Commissioner's website.

You have the right to request the Information Commissioner to undertake an assessment as to whether the processing of your personal data has been carried out in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018

Contact details

Data Protection Officer of the Cabinet Office

Email address: DPO-CabOff@gov.im

Telephone: +44 1624 686779

Postal address:

DPO, Cabinet Office
Government Office
Buck's Road
Isle of Man